Thursday 25 March 2010

Armageddon

A big budget film with a heavyweight cast including Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton, Steve Buscemi, Liv Tyler, Ben Affleck and many more giants of Hollywood.

I am not generally one for a film that is predictable, full of corny one-liners, laughable special effects, nauseating heart-string tugging, wooden acting, big budgets and full of Star Spangled Banner type plots.


But it has to be one of my favourite films. I watched it the other night and for the last 15 minutes, I was left blubbing like a baby with a soiled nappy. Quality cinematic tripe at its very finest.


I thought I would provide my short review as I am currently listening to the greatest song ever recorded and felt I should share it.

Get those hankies out...

Aerosmith - I don't wanna miss a thing


I urge you to watch this masterpiece, if you have not already done so. Not even Spielberg could produce something so entertaining and so nauseating at the same time and he is a professional confectioner, not a director as some people might think.

"You missed me, Harry?"

You bet I did!


Word of the Day: Gargalesis - Heavy tickling

Quote of the Day: "Houston, you have a problem. You see, I promised my little girl that I'd be comin' home. Now I don't know what you people are doing down there, but we've got a hole to dig up here!" - Harry Stamper (Bruce Willis - Armageddon)

No comments:

Post a Comment