Thursday 7 May 2009

Truth is the strong compost in which beauty may sometimes germinate

Good afternoon.

I am tapping away at my laptop from the comfort of the sofa as Onions is on sizzling form and slicing through the West Indies batsmen. Apologies for the dreadful puns, I promise that is shallot (from henceforth). In fact, as I type, Onions has bagged a debut Michelle (Five-for; Michelle Pfeiffer, I am sure you understand).

A lunchtime trip to the garden centre in East Sheen with my flatmate and friend Therese provided a perfect opportunity to escape the four walls and ward off a bout of cabin fever. Sadly, we have no garden and simply share a backyard with some Film Producers and a Rat. Valiant efforts to appear theatrical and dramatic, whilst handing over a delivery to the aforementioned Film Producers, were scuppered as the gentleman in question was saved by the telephone. My big break shall have to wait for another day.

Talking of big breaks, it seems that Britain has been hit by lottery fever (not fatal, unlike Swine Flu). A gargantuan jackpot of £110m promises to obliterate the credit crunch for a host of lucky punters. Any improvement on my top prize of £7.60 would be most welcome.

I have volunteered to undertake a charity cycle to raise money to send Therese to Mozambique and hopefully purchase/construct a source of fresh water. I guess I should think about training for that and certainly my £45 bike could do with a service (couldn't we all?) if it is to make it all the way to Bristol from West London. You can almost hear it groan with dark anticipation when I pedal for the first time. I don't want to end up marooned in the depths of Wiltshire after all! I trust we are not cycling back afterwards....I hope.

Still unpublished, but it would help if I actually did something to publish.

Swine Flu Watch - Day One: One sneeze today.

Word of the Day: Sinapistic - Consisting of Mustard

Quote of the Day: Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Home and Away (the shame) is distracting my channel of thought, so I shall leave it there.

That is all for now.

Good luck and Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment