Saturday 9 May 2009

Two new arrivals in Barnes...

Most humble greetings to my ardent fans.

I bring glad tidings to your computer screen. A pair of Canadian Geese became parents, two Goslings, in the past 24 hours. The chicks appear to be in good health and weighed approximately 35 ounces each. Both parents seem to be thrilled with their new arrivals, but I am waiting for an official statement from them. Name suggestions are most welcome.

Bit of a dull day really. I have been kicking my heels for much of it. Brave efforts to meet up with friends were met with a flurry of 'Sorry. I'm busy. Would have been fun'. I shall not take it TOO personally! I even ended up in the local Charity Shop with no intention of buying anything - How sad is that? The pond is bored of me, I am sure.

Did not make ANY progress on the writing front. Need to have a little more faith in myself. Am I on the verge of greatness and simply need a bit more application? Not always easy to believe in yourself, but worth a shot at least, shirley? Faint (or is it feint?) heart never won a fair maiden, for no good reason.

Tomorrow should be good fun. Putney and a Barbeque beckons. Unsure as to what dish I should take, but I shall not bore you with that (although I already have). I am thinking Potato Salad. No BBQ is complete without that.

13 days (...and counting) for the grand Brighton visit. T'will be nice to show Helen the delights of Brighton. Therese and David, both have the T-Shirt. The Parents are looking forward to meeting T & H. Gulp! Only joking.

Swine Flu Watch: Zero sneezes. It appears that I have cured myself.

Word of the Day: Airgonaut - One who journeys through air.

Quote of the Day: "Love is like war. Easy to begin but very hard to stop" - Henry Mencken


At the risk of sounding too much like Jerry Springer. Take care of yourselves....and each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment