Thursday 7 May 2009

The Zebra Has Landed

Good morning Friends, Pompeians, Countrymen and anyone else reading.

I shall keep my first entry brief for fear of raising the bar too high and gifting false expectations.

The purpose of this blog is to get myself into the habit of writing regularly. My early mid-life crisis forced me up to London and writing is my apparent destiny. A languid and sorry start is by no means the end of my short literary career. Good things come to those who wait, afterall (shamelessly nabbed from Guinness). As well as keeping my fans informed as to my thoughts, feelings, activities and whereabouts (in front of the computer, obviously). Plus, you may discover what makes me tick.

Barbeque season is upon us, the days are getting longer and the skirts are getting shorter. Is there anything greater than saying goodbye to Winter? Although I seem to have jinxed it now as the sun has retreated and we appear to be moving backwards towards Autumn. Would not surprise me in the slightest. Enough about the weather, how very English of me. In fact, do the English talk of much else?

Star Wars Day (May 4th) was spent in the Porterhouse, Covent Garden, in honour of the birthday of my flatmate Helen. A home to over 250 Ales, Lagers and Beers. Well worth a visit for those with a palatable thirst for more international beverages than you can shake a stick at. Clotworthy Dobbin (not a character from Wallace & Gromit) was the favourite by a small head. 6 down, many to go.

All shall be explained about the Zebra in due course.

Word of the Day: Adimpleate - To fill up

Quote of the Day: I have a lot of good moments, but the one I prefer is when I kicked the holigan. Eric Cantona (2007)


Thank you for wasting your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment